Proudly serving Southwestern Ontario including London, Windsor, Chatham, Sarnia and nearby
This century-plus-year-old home located just north of Stratford, Ontario had a high crawl space with many problems. The crawl space environment was affecting the entire home with musty smells and high humidity.
At one time, this crawl space was dug deeper to create improved access for the mechanical systems of the home, such as the furnace, hot water tank, a sump pump and plumbing fixtures. By its nature, it was an unlevel and very damp space.
The crawl space was also leaking, which, combined with the porous mortar used in the stone foundation, resulting in continuously high humidity levels and a damp, musty environment which affected the entire home.
- Improved the drainage system in the crawl space to help prevent future leaks.
- Installed ThermalDry® Basement Radiant Wall Barrier to help insulate the space, keeping the cold air and moisture out.
- Installed our CleanSpace® vapour barrier liner to seal the space from the harmful effects of the outside environment. This barrier is very durable and can be walked on and perfect when the homeowners want to use the area for storage or access the mechanical components of the home.
- Installed a heavy-duty sump pump specifically designed for crawl spaces and the homeowners opted for a battery back-up to protect the space in the event of power failure.
- To help further with the damaging humidity, we installed the efficient and near-maintenance-free Sedona dehumidifier.
Our solution is an excellent example of how our products work together to fix even the most challenging crawl spaces… and we love a challenge! Please reach out to us for a free inspection and estimate of your challenging space: 1-866-277-1277