Basement Waterproofing Case Studies: A Comprehensive and Permanent Leaky Basement Solution
It’s a fact: basements leak! While not every basement leaks, every basement with a concrete foundation has the potential to leak as concrete is a porous material.
Concrete is porous, and if water has penetrated once, it will likely happen again. Exterior waterproofing is not always a financially viable option, nor the best choice for most homeowners. Sealing and fixing cracks or repairing the area around a window where water might be entering often works – at least for the short term.
Our vast network of basement repair specialists apply science and common sense to fix wet basements, and have used this proven waterproofing system for decades, servicing hundreds of thousands of homes across all of North American and in the UK!
This home in Ingersoll, Ontario is an excellent example of how our products and services work together for a comprehensive and permanent solution to a wet basement.
- We cut away the damaged drywall and wall studs and removed the wet insulation on the finished walls.
- We installed a drain along the leaking walls which redirects water into the newly installed sump pump system.
- On both the finished and unfinished affected walls, we installed our ThermalDry® Wall System which serves as both a vapour barrier and also as a way to redirect water leaking through the basement walls into the drainage system below.
- On the finished walls, we replaced the studs with mould and mildew resistant steel, and finished the walls with our EverLast™ Finished Wall Panels – which are made of inorganic material and thereby are mould and mildew resistant.
- We installed the IceGuard® Discharge System which freely dispels the sump pump in the event the external line freezes, protecting the basement from the chance of backups in the basement.
- Finally, we installed a powerful, efficient and self-draining dehumidifier to help keep the humidity level acceptable.
We’re proud to offer homeowners in southwestern Ontario a comprehensive, proven and permanent solution to wet basements. If you’d like more information, or to schedule your complimentary inspection and estimate, please call us at 1-844-320-1542 or click here to submit your information online.
We look forward to serving you.
Newly installed drain and the vapour/radiant barrier
Vapour/Radiant wall barrier on the unfinished basement walls
Finished with mould and mildew resistant drywall panels
Sump pump and dehumidifier
Sump pump discharge lines protects against backups in the event of frozen discharge lines